In 2019, India was the second-largest producer of steel across the globe, with over 111.2 million tonnes of production. The Metal and Steel Industry in India has been one of the most important industries, driven by the domestic availability of raw materials and cost-effective labour. The Steel Sector has also been a major contributor to India’s manufacturing output.
Coding and Marking in steel and metal mills have a specific requirement. Sometimes the coding is needed on thin wires, whereas at other times on ingots weighing several hundred kilos. Printing on steel or metal can be challenging due to the dust everywhere. Even the heat from the furnace can take its toll on the machine making it difficult to proceed with printing.
At Control Print, our objective is to offer our consumers a coding solution that would ease their problems while not compromising on the quality of the print. Control Print is uniquely positioned to deliver industrial-grade printing solutions to Indian steel and metal mills.
Read on to find out which Control Print technology would be ideal for this Industry and work in its favour.
Continuous Inkjet Printer
- This IP65 rated printer is dustproof and waterproof. The positive air pressure system prevents outside dust from contaminating the ink stream and clogging the print head, while the waterproof construction of the machine makes it much easier to clean during a normal line cleanup.
- Control Print’s Continuous Inkjet Printer also boasts of an industrial-grade construction. Therefore, with features like the stainless-steel finish and heat resistant electronics, this machine is engineered to withstand harsh conditions.
- The Continuous Inkjet Printer can deliver a 15mm print at 150m/min.
- When it comes to printing on steel and metal objects, it is important to have pigmented inks to get a good contrast on shiny steel surfaces. Control Print’s Continuous Inkjet Printer offers a wide range of pigmented and standard inks.
- If you are looking for a micro-print solution, the Continuous Inkjet Printer also offers 0.8mm print height for very small wire diameters.
- Due to its innovative features, the printer not only requires less maintenance but also simplifies integrations where bottom-up printing is required.
Control Print is one of the leading suppliers in India, and therefore, has been able to successfully execute several complicated coder installations making it the most cost-competitive solution provider to meet your printing requirements. With hundreds of printers running, Control Print has a great deal of experience integrating into existing IT systems in steel mills. Control Print’s machines are equipped with a large touchscreen and an intuitive, graphical user interface. Due to the greyish colour of steel, printing a legible code often requires a heavy volume of pigmented ink. Control Print has the required inks and expertise to meet all your steel and metal application requirements. For more details, visit www.controlprint.com.